The department of Student Housing & Residence Life at University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) is the primary point of contact for housing and related services. Graduate housing offers both large and small bachelor units for individuals as well as 2 bedroom apartments for those requiring space for their families. In order to be eligible for residence in graduate housing, the leaseholder must be a full-time graduate student in a degree-granting program at the University of Toronto and must remain in Good Academic Standing as defined in the University of Toronto Mississauga Academic Calendar.
The term of tenancy is defined as the agreement period from September 1st - August 31st for 2-bedroom units in MaGrath Valley and the agreement periods from May 1st - August 31st / September 1st - December 31st / January 1st - May 31st for bachelor units. Please visit http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/housing/ for details.
Live in Mississauga or Toronto?
Students often ask us if is it better to live in Mississauga or Toronto, while in the program. We have gathered various student viewpoints in a document and information below to help you with your decision:
- All 11 core (mandatory) MScSM courses and several MScSM electives are held on the UTM Campus only (9 core courses in the first academic year - first Fall and Winter semesters)
- Most other electives are at the Toronto/St George and Scarborough UofT campuses
- There is a shuttle bus that travels between the UTM and St George campuses and runs fairly often - every 20 minutes or so during the main academic year (September 1 to April 30)
- The shuttle bus is free for UTM-registered students (which MScSM students are)
- During rush hour, this trip one way, can take more than 45-60 minutes
- Durring off rush hour, this trip one way, takes approximately 30 - 40 minutes
The UTM Shuttle service to main UofT downtown campus (St. George campus) is FREE to all registered UTM students with their valid student T-card (valid student T-card must be presented upon boarding the bus).
Mississauga Transit (MiWay)
UTM graduate students are eligible for a U-Pass, a universal bus pass for travel anywhere served by MiWay - the new Mississauga Transit. A mandatory fee per term for September through April is automatically charged to each eligible student's UT account, allowing unlimited fare-free rides on MiWay. The U-Pass is valid to use only on Mississauga transit and is not valid on City of Toronto transit (subway, GO train, etc).
The Accessibility Resource Centre at UTM provides services and academic accommodations to students who have a documented learning, physical, sensory, mental health accommodation, or medical condition.
Health & Counselling Centre
UTM has a Health & Counselling Centre on campus. The centre offers services such as medical care, personal and psychiatric counselling, nutritional counselling and so on. Other resources are information on insurance, mindfulness meditation,and access to wellness ambassadors, and after-hours clinics. In addition, MScSM is part of the Institute for Management and Innovation (IMI) at the UTM campus and IMI has an embedded counsellor that students can make an appointment with.