MScSM Alumni work in a diverse range of industries and sectors in a range of different types of roles. Some work in sustainability departments or divisions in organizations; others work in more traditional areas but create sustainable impact through their roles, or how they approach their work.
By the time MScSM students reach convocation, they have acquired a strong network of sustainability professionals, and have learned to navigate the professional labour market. Through their experiences in their internships, attending networking events, conducting informational interviews with professionals and their capstone projects, the new graduates are well equipped to successfully undertake a clear, strong and effective job search in their chosen fields.
Sample roles that MScSM alumni have undertaken include:
- Consultant, Sustainability & Climate Change
- Coordinator, Strategic Policy
- CSR Coordinator
- Energy & Environment Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Policy Analyst
- Project Consultant
- Responsible Investment Analyst
- Waste Action Coordinator
- Manager, Strategy & Stakeholder Relations
- Senior Sustainability Specialist
- Specialist, Green Energy & Technology
- Strategic Relations Associate
- Sustainability Manager
- Sustainability Consultant
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Transportation Analyst
MScSM graduates find themselves employed typically within 3 months of graduation; on average, 98% of graduates secure their first job within 3 months.