University of Toronto Tri-Campus Sports
Every year, student-athletes from UTSG, UTSC, and UTM join together to compete in the tri-campus sport program! Whether it's soccer, basketball, hockey, volleyball, ultimate or more, students have the opportunity to play their favourite sports while representing their campus.
The U of T Tri-Campus Sports program aims to provide students a competitive sport opportunity, allowing students to develop their sport skills through weekly team practices led by qualified coaches, while traveling across the three U of T campuses for friendly competition.
In accordance with the provincial government announcement on January 3 regarding public health measures, the UTM Recreation, Athletics & Wellness Centre is closed at this time. During the closure, we invite all students to visit our virtual programs page to stay connected, be active, and move your way to wellness. Updates will be posted here.
2021-22 Return to Play Update:
We are excited to inform you that UTM Tri-Campus Sports will return in the Winter Term 2022. For the beginning of the Fall 2021 Term, the Department of Recreation, Athletics & Wellness will be introducing new UTM Intramural sports on our UTM campus. This decision for the fall will adhere to Public Health Guidelines and University of Toronto protocols. We look forward to the return of U of T tri-campus sports!
Below outlines the status of each Tri-Campus sport at UTM:
- Women’s Basketball- Winter 2022 start, tryout details will be announced in October
- Men’s Basketball- Winter 2022 start, tryout details will be announced in October
- Women’s Volleyball- Winter 2022 start, tryout details will be announced in October
- Men’s Volleyball- Winter 2022 start, tryout details will be announced in October
- Women’s Outdoor Soccer- suspended for 2021-22
- Men’s Outdoor Soccer- suspended for 2021-22
- Women’s Indoor Soccer- Winter 2022 start, tryout details will be announced in October
- Men’s Indoor Soccer- Winter 2022 start, tryout details will be announced in October
- Women’s Hockey- suspended for 2021-22
- Men’s Hockey- suspended for 2021-22
- Women’s Flag football- suspended for 2021-22
- Men’s Flag football- suspended for 2021-22
- Men’s Cricket- suspended for 2021-22
- Coed Outdoor Ultimate- suspended for 2021-22
Important Information for Athletes in the Tri-Campus League
Tri-Campus League has been designated as a higher risk activity for the transmission COVID 19. Other higher risk activities include Varsity Athletics, Music Instruction and some placements.
Only those students who are fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or WHO approved vaccination or who have received an exemption from vaccination from the University of Toronto may participate in the Tri-Campus Development League program in 2021-22. Students who have been vaccinated with non-Health Canada or WHO vaccinations should contact the athletics staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Students are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after they receive their second dose.
In order to participate in this program, students will be required to upload your proof of vaccination into UCheck which is a registration system. If you have not been vaccinated due to a medical, religion/creed reason, you will still need to register, and your responses in UCheck will take you to a place where you can request an exemption from the requirement.
NOTE – the criteria for exemption will be listed in the registration system and the exemption process will be managed by U of T Health and Wellness and the Vice Provost Students Office. Once you can access the registration system and have reviewed the information there, you will also be able to contact a University staff member to answer any questions.
Should participants choose to not get fully vaccinated or if they have not received an exemption from the University of Toronto, they will not have access to the Tri-Campus sports for 2021-22.
More information will follow once students register for the Tri-Campus try-outs.
How Tri-Campus Sports work:
- Games are played on all three campuses, depending on sport
- Games are played once per week
- Teams practice once per week at UTM, working together as a team and developing sport skills led by coaches
How can I join?
- Attend open tryouts (see individual team pages with updated 2021-2022 tryout dates)
- Once selected, officially sign-up for the team on IMLeagues
- Bring the approriate athletic attire, depending on sport
Who can join?
- The UTM tri-campus teams are reserved for all current UTM students that are either full or part-time undergraduate and graduate students
How much will it cost me?
There is NO cost to participate in UTM's tri-campus teams! Transportation to and from games will be arranged and covered by the Athletic department.
Students must buy the official Under Armour team uniform to participate, which will be used on a three-to-four year cycle. Each uniform purchased comes with a complimentary UTM Eagles practice t-shirt. Individual team uniform prices will vary. All purchases can be made at the RAWC Membership Services desk.
For more information on the UTM tri-campus leagues, please contact the UTM Sports Staff at email@example.com