Tri-Campus Sports Frequently Asked Questions
Find the most common questions we get asked about Tri-Campus sport teams here at UTM.
What is Tri-Campus?
- Tri-Campus sports is a league in which consist of U of T students representing their campus/division and competing in competitive sport leagues.
- Students have the opportunity to take part in weekly team practices which are led by qualified coaches and compete in friendly competition.
- Students are required to take part in tryouts at the start of the fall semester. Registration is required. See the full details in our Tryouts Information page.
How Tri-Campus Sports work?
- Games are played on all three campuses, depending on the sport.
- Teams will play a game once a week, depending on the sport.
- Team practices will take place once per week, working together as a team and developing sports skills led by coaches.
How can I join?
- Attend open tryouts. Team tryouts are posted every August with dates and time in our Tryouts Information page.
- Register online for the open tryout that works best for you.
- Once selected for the team, officially sign-up for the team on IMLeagues.
- Bring the appropriate athletic attire, depending on the sport throughout the year.
Who can join?
- The UTM Tri-Campus teams are reserved for all current UTM students that are either full or part-time undergraduate and graduate students.
How much will it cost me?
- The only cost to participate in UTM's Tri-Campus teams is the official team uniform.
- Students must buy the official Under Armour team uniform to participate, which will be used on a three-to-four year cycle.
- Each uniform purchased comes with a complimentary UTM Eagles practice t-shirt. Individual team uniform prices will vary.
- All purchases can be made at the RAWC Welcome Desk.
- Transportation to and from games will be arranged and covered by the department.
Will I receive Co-Curricular Record (CCR) Recognition for being a Tri-Campus student-athlete?
- Yes. All UTM Tri-Campus student-athletes who complete a season with their respective sports team will receive CCR Recognition for the season they competed in.
Are there any awards given for participating in Tri-Campus Sports?
- Every year, we recognize a number of our student athletes who have displayed an outstanding level of commitment, passion, sportsmanship, and talent - embodying what it means to be a UTM Eagle.
- Nomination packages are released in mid-February with a submission deadline around Mid-March.
- All awards are given out during the Annual Athletic Awards in Early April.
Will there be any media coverage during games?
- Yes, we have our UTM Sports Photographers that capture our student-athletes in action.
- Please note that not every single game is photographed. Our photographers aim to capture every team at least once each season.
- All photos are uploaded to the Department of Recreation, Athletics, & Wellness' Flickr account.
Are there opportunities to being involved outside of participating as an student-athlete?
- UTM students have the opportunity to work as Tri-Campus Game Day staff, sport assistants, or sports photographers. See our open roles in our Employment Opportunities page.
How can I support our UTM Eagles?
- Tri-Campus games happen across all three U of T campuses. Cheer loud in our home courts/fields or hop on the shuttle bus to cheer on your Eagles at St. George campus games. See the schedule and results page for each Tri-Campus team to see when you can catch them in action.
- For current U of T students, remember to bring your T-Card as admission is free!
If you are unable to find the answer to your questions, please contact the UTM Sports Staff at email@example.com