Frequently Asked Questions
When is the RAWC Open?
Please visit our Hours of Operation page for the most accurate information.
- Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I'm a UTM Student, do I need to buy a membership?
All registered U of T students who have paid their tuition fees in full have access to the RAWC facilities and drop-in programs. No additional fee is required.
- Does the RAWC supply sport equipment?
Some sport equipment, including squash and badminton racquets, indoor soccer balls, basketball balls and volleyballs are available to sign-out for free with your membership/ student card at the Welcome Desk, located by the turnstiles. Participants are responsible for bringing their own safety equipment, including protective eyewear, mouthguards and shin pads. Members are responsible for returning equipment in good condition. Damaged or lost equipment is subject to replacement costs.
- What should I wear while using the facilities?
Members must wear appropriate athletic clothing and athletic shoes with non-marking soles. Street clothes, ripped or torn clothing, sandals, open-toed shoes, cleats and bare feet are not permitted in the facility.
- What should I do at the end of my workout?
Please return all weights and equipment to their respective areas after use. As well, please also wipe down the equipment used after each workout using the cleaning towels located throughout the facilities.
- I forgot my lock. Can I bring my backpack/ jacket into the fitness centre with me?
Coats, boots, bags etc. are not permitted anywhere but change rooms. Day lockers are available inside the main change rooms.
- Are food/ drinks permitted inside the RAWC?
The RAWC is a water-only facility. Please use unbreakable containers. No food or drink anywhere in the facility.
- When a closing time is indicated on your hours of operations page, does that mean I can workout right until that time?
No. All users are required to vacate the RAWC areas within 15 minutes of scheduled closing time.