As the Department of Recreation, Athletics and Wellness, we will:
- Create a friendly and safe environment that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion while welcoming our diverse community to participate in physical activity.
- Offer a continuum of programming, everything from casual recreation to varsity/excellence.
- Foster an environment of respect and fairness that promotes individual pride and UTM spirit.
- Develop a wide range of opportunities for student leadership in support of our programs.
- Play an integral role in the learning environment of the university campus and community life.
Equity and Accessibility
The Department of Recreation, Athletics and Wellness strives to create and maintain a friendly, safe and inclusive environment that welcomes our diverse community to participate in our wide variety of activities
In the RAWC, many features were designed in an effort to remove barriers to participation. For example, automatic doors, accessible washrooms, a pool lift and an elevator. Our state-of-the-art athletic facility is equipped with Upper Body Ergometers, recumbent bikes and a wide range of different resistance training equipment that can be adapted to accommodate a variety of different accessibility considerations. We have an all gender/ privacy change facility located between the female and male change rooms – with large private change cubicles, washrooms and direct access to the pool deck to accommodate the diverse needs of our patrons.
Use of our Facility and Participation in our Programs
It is recommended that all users wishing to use our facilities or participate in our Programs have a medical examination prior to participation. All participants must have read the Informed Consent Agreement prior to participation.