General Member Conduct and Facility Rules & Regulations
- Members of the RAWC are required to display their valid student or membership card at the Welcome Desk and all other turnstiles when using the facility. Members are required to carry their cards with them at all times while using the facilities.
- If you are participating in instructional or fitness classes, please check in at the welcome desk - even after you've signed in to enter the fitness centre!
- Please remove all outdoor shoes prior to entering the spaces and secure all jackets and bags in the lockers provided
- Water and/or sport drinks are permitted when brought in a resealable container.
- Fraudulent use of a membership card and/ or card swapping will result in immediate suspension and loss of membership privileges and no refunds will be granted. These actions may result in criminal charges.
- Photography and video taping in the facility is not permitted without prior departmental permission.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited in the athletic facilities and on the fields.
- Golf is prohibited on any of the University of Toronto Mississauga outdoor areas.
- The Department of Recreation, Athletics & Wellness is not responsible for lost/ stolen items. Please contact Campus Safety if you have a safety concern.
- Students interested in using studio/multi-purpose space during open times must check in at the Welcome Desk. This does not indicate indicate exclusive use.
- Groups larger than 5 must reserve the space in advance through the Facilities Booking/Rental Form for either Student Groups or External Groups.
- In case of injury or accident, the Facility Staff should be contacted immediately. In case of serious accident or injury, Campus Safety can be called using the Emergency Phones located throughout the facility. In the case of a fire alarm, the premises will be evacuated immediately.
UTM's Fair Play Code
Fair Play Should be Everyone's first Priority!
Everyone who uses our Fair Play Facility should:
- Demonstrate respect for all individuals.
- Respect the facility in which you participate.
- Share equipment, space and facilities willingly.
- Maintain self-control at all times.
- Condemn violence and harassment in all forms.
- Always attempt to contribute to the betterment of the UTM experience.
Players should compete to the best of their ability within the limits of the rules. All players will:
- Participate for the love and enjoyment of the game.
- Respect the efforts and accomplishments of your opponents.
- Respect their teammates and do their best to be a true team player.
- Respect all players, coaches/captains, officials, spectators and administrators.
- Respect and play by the rules of the game.
Spectators should maintain a supportive atmosphere that positively motivates players, coaches, captains, officials and other spectators. All Spectators will:
- Encourage players to play according to the rules.
- Refrain from negative communication with players, officials, administrators and other spectators.
- Show respect for their teams' opponents - because without them there would be no game.
- Never influence the outcome of an event or game and must never pose a distraction to players, coaches, captains, and officials.
- Remain in the spectators' section and refrain from entering the playing area at all times.
Officials will make sure that every player has a reasonable opportunity to perform to the best of his or her ability, within the limits of the rules. All officials will:
- Apply rules of the game with consistency, courtesy, intelligence and firmness without provoking antagonism.
- Maintain a healthy atmosphere and environment for safe competition.
- Not tolerate unacceptable conduct towards themselves, other officials, players, coaches/captains, and spectators.
- Maintain impartiality at all times.
- Avoid or terminate any situation that threatens the safety of the players, coaches/captains, spectators or other officials.
Coaches/Captains must act as a team leader. He or she must encourage, motivate, and assist in developing players to achieve their maximum potential. All coaches/captains will:
- Teach players to play fairly and respect the rules, officials, spectators and players
- Work in cooperation with the officials for the benefit of the game
- Recognize and respect the differences in their players
- Not ridicule or degrade players for any reason
- Encourage and reward effort, fair play, participation and commitment
Fair Play is for Everyone!
Failure to abide by our Code of Fair Play will result in the review or removal of individuals and privileges.