One of our goals in the IEC is to bring together both international and domestic students. We offer a variety of on-campus programming opportunities and events to build an intercultural-oriented community. Connect with your peers and make friends by participating in our programs and events. Meet with other students who share your interests and experiences while making long-lasting memories and friendships in the process.
IEC Events & Programming
International Education Centre (@utmiec)Get Involved and Make New Friends
Mini series that help you to explore the culture of Canada, tips and tricks living in Canada, sharing student stories and personal experiences together.
Leadership program that guides you to develop intercultural fluency and global mindset through discussions, activities and opportunities with your peers.
Interactive sessions for you to meet new people and practice your English conversational skills among peers from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Peer-led sessions where you can learn about different Indigenous perspectives across the globe. These sessions will focus on films and other forms of multimedia.
Enroll to our hub where you can participate in engaging discussion boards, and keep up-to-date with important dates and resources.
Programs offered by other departments
Centre for Student Engagement (@utmengage)
- LAUNCH is a series of engaging and interactive weekly sessions taught by academically successful upper-year student mentors (LAUNCH Leaders) enrolled in your academic discipline
- utmLEAD provides students with an opportunity to gain leadership skills through participating in individual workshops that allow students to collaborate and build relationships with their peers from the comfort of their own home.
- EagleConnect is a program that allows you to connect with your future classmates and take advantage of transition support and recourses shared by your squad leader led by upper year UTM students.
Student Housing & Residence Life (@utmresidence)
- Get involved in Residence, take advantage of residence as more than just a place to live.
- Clubs & Societies are a great way to partake in the social side of your university experience, and meet likeminded individuals along the way.
UTM Athletics (@utm_athletics)
- Visit the Recreation and Athletic Centre to get involved in team sports, and sign up for fitness sessions.