International Student Mentorship Program
Winter 2021 Registrations Now Open for Mentees! Deadline to apply: Friday January 29th 2021
Are you an international student, permanent resident, new immigrant, or exchange student looking to make connections with upper year students on campus and meet new people from around the world?
The International Education Centre is introducing the International Student Mentorship Program! In this program, you will be grouped with upper year domestic and international mentors as well as fellow buddies. Your group is meant to provide friendship, guidance and support as you start your new journey in Mississauga!
Benefits of joining this program:
- Expand your network and meet new people from around the world with similar interests;
- Benefit from the support and experiences of upper year domestic and international students and learn how to get involved on campus;
- Have support in regards to culture, language, and life at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) and the City of Mississauga;
- Both mentors and incoming students will receive Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit and a certificate of completion for participation in the program.
How does the International Student Mentorship Program work?
- Students are placed into small groups and connected with upper year leaders.
- Leaders and buddies communicate through the year asking questions and providing information.
- The IEC organizes a variety of events for buddies and leaders to participate in.
- Completion of a minimum number of activities will earn CCR validation.
For questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org