International Student Mentorship Program
Registration for mentees is open August 30 to September 10, 2021.
Are you an international student, permanent resident, new immigrant, or exchange student looking to make connections with upper year students on campus and meet new people from around the world?
The International Student Mentorship (ISMP) program is for you! With ISMP, you will be paired up with an upper year mentor that will support you as you transition into Canada and UTM. Connect with upper year students, meet other mentees, build a network that will help you make the most out of your experience!
The International Student Mentorship Program will be delivered in either in-person and/or online formats to support you where you are.
Benefits of joining this program:
- Expand your network and meet new people from around the world with similar interests;
- Benefit from the support and experiences of upper year domestic and international students and learn how to get involved on campus;
- Have support in regards to culture, language, and life at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) and the City of Mississauga;
- Both mentors and incoming students will receive Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit and a certificate of completion for participation in the program.
How does the International Student Mentorship Program work?
- Students are placed into small groups and connected with upper year leaders.
- Leaders and buddies communicate through the year asking questions and providing information.
- The IEC organizes a variety of events for buddies and leaders to participate in.
- Completion of a minimum number of activities will earn CCR validation.
For questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org