Dependents are not automatically enrolled in UHIP. You are required to enrol your dependent family member(s) within 30 days of their arrival in Canada. You must be enrolled in UHIP in order to enrol your eligible dependents. See rates for dependents under Service Fees.
To enrol your eligible dependent(s), you must add an Online Dependent Application with the UHIP office. Please follow the instructions to add your dependent application and book an appointment:
- Log in to UHIP portal using your UTORid and password.
- Go to “Your Dependents” and click “Add a New Dependent”. You must input and save your dependent’s information before creating an application.
- Go to “Your UHIP Applications”.
- To create a new application, click the “New UHIP Application” button.
- Select the name(s) of the dependent(s) you would like to enrol during your appointment.
- Click “Submit”.
An application confirmation email will be sent to you automatically. UHIP office will process your application and UHIP online payment link will be sent to within 48 hours.
Extending UHIP for dependents
UHIP coverage for dependents must be renewed within 30 days of expiry. New UHIP coverage will be applicable until August 31. UHIP coverage must be continuous (provided that dependents remain in Canada). If current UHIP coverage has expired, please add a new online application with the UHIP office.