There are many free online courses available to you that can help you develop your skills and showcase them to an employer. University of Toronto students have free access to LinkedIn Learning (click here for details) and alumni can access it through many public libraries. Here are some tips on how to use LinkedIn learning. LinkedIn Learning is linked to your LinkedIn profile and you will be able to put many completed courses onto your profile.
- Please review this Business Insider Article on Some of the Top Free Online Courses
Some additional sites where you can do some online learning include:
- Coursera (combination of free and paid courses)
- edX (combination of free and paid courses)
- GitHub (where you can develop and showcase your coding)
With interactions being moved online, learning and practicing common online facilitation tools can give you an edge in the labour market.
Here are some examples of some LinkedIn Learning Courses (there are thousands to choose from).
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Excel
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Project Management Foundations
- Rock Your LinkedIn Profile
- What to do on the First 90 Days of Your New Job
Remember, both the Career Centre and the International Education Centre are here to support you in your job search. Please contact us any time.