Other Safety Tips
Pedestrian Safety Tips
Pedestrians only have the ‘right of way’ when crossing at designated crosswalks. Follow these tips to ensure your safety:
- Be seen – wear bright clothing in daylight and reflective clothing at night
- Be alert – avoid distractions like cellphones and headphones.
- Check that it is safe to proceed before entering the crosswalk.
What to do if you're involved in a car accident:
Remain at the scene and render assistance
- Stop. If your car is involved in an accident and you don’t stop, you may be subject to criminal prosecution.
- Do not try to move anyone injured in the accident.
- If the damage of all the cars exceeds $1000 and/or people are injured, call 9-1-1 immediately for further instructions/
- If the total damage of ALL the cars appears to be less than $1000, call Peel Regional Police at 905-455-3311 for further instructions.
- If it safe to do so, move your car to the side of the road, out of traffic.
- Obtain the names, addresses, telephone numbers of all drivers, passengers and witnesses.
- Remain calm, help is on the way!