Out of the 120+ institutions UofT is partnered with, the Department of Anthropology has identified these international partners as the most meaningful and valuable to students in Anthropology programs. Partners were selected due to their world rankings, research collaborations, unique program offerings, and distinct geographical areas. These are not the only schools you can attend on exchange, but it is a good place to start your research about international possibilities. You can search for other schools here.
University College London
Located in central London, University College London gives students access to academic resources through countless teaching and research partnerships with hospitals, museums, galleries, libraries, and professional bodies in the area. University College London is currently ranked fifth in the QS World University Rankings.
Did You Know?
- Rumour has it that Adolf Hitler planned to set up his UK headquarters in Senate House at UCL, which is supposedly why it was never bombed in World War II. Many also consider the building to have been the inspiration for Orwell’s Ministry of Truth in ‘1984’
- One of Coldplay’s first performances was for a UCL fundraiser for the the student support charity, Nightline
- Philosopher Jeremy Bentham left his body to the university and asked that it be preserved as an "auto-icon." He remains on display, dressed in his original clothes, in a cabinet on campus
Examples of Courses You Can Take:
ANTH0003 - Introduction to Social Anthropology
ANTH0006 - Researching the Social World
ANTH0007 - Methods and Techniques in Biological Anthropology ANTH0012 - Palaeoanthropology ANTH0015 - Being Human
Plus many more courses here.
Australian National University
Australian National University (ANU) is the top ranked university in Australia. 94% of the research conducted at the university is rated above world standards. The Australian National University has the highest staff to student ratio allowing all students to interact and gain support from professors.
Did You Know?
- ANU is the only university set up by the Federal Government of Australia. The university was created to be a research institution for subjects of national importance
- ANU is located in Canberra, Australia’s capital. Canberra is home to the National Gallery of Australia - the largest art museum in the country
- Need a place to live? There’s a cool urban energy emerging in Braddon and New Acton right by campus
Examples of Courses you Can Take:
Please make sure you meet with the department to discuss the UTM equivalencies you will receive for these courses before you depart on exchange.