Traveling to Canada
Please check the COVID-19 Information for University of Toronto Students, the UTMTogether FAQs and the Government of Canada COVID-19 page for travel for the most up to date information on processes, international student requirements and services.
Are you intending on traveling to Canada?
- Ensure you have a valid study permit and entry visa or eTA.
- Ensure you have a letter of enrollment and admission letter (for first year students only)
- Register for the UofT Quarantine plan
- The University is providing support for students arriving from outside Canada who must complete a mandatory quarantine. Whether you intend to live in UTM residence or quarantine on your own, make sure to register for the UofT https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/covid-19/#Quarantine
- Make sure you have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure of the international flight which will arrive directly in Canada. Visit https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/covid-19/#International for more details.
- Consider current COVID-19 restrictions in Ontario including the current state of emergency https://covid-19.ontario.ca
- To learn more about and register for the UofT quarantine plan:https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/covid-19/#Quarantine
- All travelers must show evidence of their quarantine plan to CBSA upon arrival. To do so download the Government of Canada’s ArriveCAN app (iOS or Android) or use their accessible web app to submit the mandatory information required for entry into Canada. The app allows you to easily and securely submit the necessary information within 48 hours before arriving in Canada, speeding up the arrival process. If you cannot use any of these options, you can still provide the information upon arrival.
- Your U of T Quarantine confirmation message includes the necessary information. If you will be quarantined at your own location; you’ll need to provide your own location details.