International & New to Canada Student Buddy Program
Are you an international student, permanent resident, new immigrant, or exchange student looking to make connections with upper year students on campus and meet new people from around the world?
The International Education Centre is bringing back the International & New-to-Canada Student Buddy Program! In this program, you will be grouped with upper year domestic and international mentors as well as fellow buddies. Your group is meant to provide friendship, guidance and support as you start your new journey in Mississauga!
Benefits of joining our buddy program:
- Expand your network and meet new people from around the world with similar interests;
- Benefit from the support and experiences of upper year domestic and international students and learn how to get involved on campus;
- Have support in regards to culture, language, and life at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) and the City of Mississauga;
- Both mentors and incoming students will receive Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit and a certificate of completion for participation in the program.
How does the Buddy Program work?
- Students are placed into small groups and connected with upper year leaders.
- Leaders and buddies communicate through the year asking questions and providing information.
- The IEC organizes a variety of events for buddies and leaders to participate in.
- Completion of a minimum number of activities will earn CCR validation.
Oct 31: Pumpkin Painting. 2-4pm. UTM Room
Nov 4: International Sharing our Stories. 2-4pm. UTM Room
Nov 15: Buddy Breakfast! 9:30-11:30am. UTM Room
Nov 21: Taste of Home: Italy Theme. 12-3pm. UTMSU Presentation Room
Nov 25: Make your own Snow Globe. 2-4pm. UTM Room
Nov 28: Toronto Christmas Market (tickets available here)
Dec 5: Exam Jam. 10am-4pm. IB and MN Buildings.
Can I participate?
Yes! We would love for you to join. If any of these events interest you, please join us at the times and locations indicated. If you need more information, please email us.
For questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org