Registration is open! Register here!
We have a new online Peer Mentorship program open to all students regardless of year and area of study! Through this program, you will be matched with a peer mentor - a current undergraduate student leader within the Centre for Student Engagement. Our mentors have valuable insight into the UTM experience, how to get involved on campus and knowledge of UTM supports, services and resources.
Through our online mentorship platform, you will have the opportunity to make connections with fellow mentees and mentors both in the Peer Mentorship program and in other UTM mentorship programs.
How do I take part?
Registration for the program on a first-come-first-serve basis. We will begin matching in early September. Once you're matched, you will receive an invite to our online mentorship platform where you will connect virtually with your mentor and have access to a network of fellow mentees and mentors!
To stay in the program, make sure to connect with your mentor within the first two weeks of being on the platform.
Through this program, you have the opportunity to:
- Receive support and encouragement from mentors
- Experience personal growth and development
- You will be part of an online mentorship community with other students in mentorship programs. This is an opportunity to make connections, build relationships and to be part of a community
- Develop communication skills and have the opportunity to build leadership skills
- Gain new perspective, knowledge and experience
- Learn to reflect on your goals, values, and experiences
- Make friends and feel connected to the UTM community
Get CCR Recognized!
This is a CCR recognized opportunity. CCR requirements for this opportunity are the following:
- Meet with your mentor five times between September and April
- Create a mentor-mentee agreement
- Complete a goal-setting exercise
- Complete a final reflection survey on the program and your experience
To make the most of this experience, we would recommend that you connect with your mentor every two weeks on our online mentorship platform.
Online Mentorship Platform
We have purchased an online mentorship platform for 2020-2021! We want it to be easy for mentorship programs to create community among their program participants and make it easy for mentors and mentees to connect one-to-one. Here are some highlights of using this platform:
- access to a large network of undergraduate mentors and mentees
- private space on the platform for your mentorship program where participants (both mentors and mentees) will have a discussion board/announcement section, a resources section and admin will be able to send bulk emails to the members
- mentees and mentors can connect via e-mail, phone, video and text through the platform (all identifiers such as phone number, email address are kept private)
- users of the platform can receive and respond to messages from the platform through their personal email and SMS
- the platform is accessible internationally
- users sign-in with their UTORid and password
- the platform syncs with LinkedIn and so creating a profile/account is very easy
Who is eligible to take part?
For this year, mentorship programs overseen by faculty and staff are eligible, as well as mentorship programs overseen by student societies who meet the following criteria:
- the student society is a fee-paying society
- executive members who oversee the mentorship program will be available to complete a training session on the platform
- take part in several meetings throughout the year so that we can gain feedback and insight on how the platform is being used/it's functionality
Reach out to us if you meet these criteria and want to be on the platform!
For all questions and feedback regarding the Peer Mentorship program or the online mentorship platform, please contact: