UTM Exam Jam
Exam Jam: April 9th and 12th!
Registration is now OPEN! Click here to register and receive updates, session links and tips as you prepare for your exams.
Thank you for joining us during our Exam Jam ! We are back on Friday April 9th and Monday April 12th with two full days (approximately 8am - 6:30pm) of activities, strategies and resources to help you prep for exams while prioritizing your wellness. This virtual event was open to all UTM students and was brought to you by the collective efforts of our UTM community.
We are sharing our Exam Jam schedule on a new platform called Acadiate. Start off in our Exam Jam Lobby, and click through each day to see your course options and healthy study breaks all in one place (including the times/links of sessions). Your Exam Jam Lobby is here!
Academic Session Changes/ Updates
[April 9th]: MGT458 session is not taking place at 5pm.
April's Exam Jam will include:
Virtual Academic Review Sessions
Course-specific, instructor-led academic review sessions to help you prepare for your exams. A full schedule of the courses offerring sessions will be posted here in April 2021.
A list of course offerrings and times available here.
Virtual Wellness-Inspired Activities.
Connect + Move + Play + Create + Recharge Your Way to Exam Success.
Exam Jam will feature tons of opportunities to take a healthy study break by helping you to connect move, play, create and recharge. Scheduling in time for a healthy break is essential for student success as it can help to reduce stress and improve performance.
Click here for April 9th's healthy study breaks schedule
Click here for April 12th's healthy study breaks schedule
Technology Tips for UTM's Exam Jam
Here are some tips to help you get ready to participate in Exam Jam:
- For any zoom links, we recommend that you download the latest version of Zoom, and log in using a desktop application.
- Many sessions may have the opportunity to participate by using computer audio (speaker or headset) or to telephone in. It is recommended that you use computer audio and not telephone to avoid charges.
- For accessing virtual sessions, it is recommended that you use a wired connection/WiFi to participate within your “home internet” plan allowances. If you are using a data plan, charges may apply.
Why Attend Exam Jam?
As you finish the Fall term and start preparing for Exams, our Exam Jam event is here to support you.
Between your review and study sessions you can engage in virtual, wellness-inspired activities like meditation, yoga, arts & crafts, board games and fitness classes. Full schedule will be available soon.
This UTM-wide event continues to grow each year, making it one of the largest annual events for UTM students. Each Exam Jam, Academic Affairs and Student Affairs join efforts to support you during this stressful time of year.
96% of surveyed participants would recommend Exam Jam to a friend, while 97% of surveyed participating instructors feel the event helps prepare students for exams.
Earn a CCR Notation!
Students who participate in Exam Jam are eligible to receive a notation on their Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
Please note: To ensure validity of responses, all entries will be cross-referenced with the actual attendance/ viewing of the eligible sessions.
1. For expert tips/strategies and key resources check out the Ultimate Exam Jam Survival Guide from our December 2020 Exam Jam! Please note, that the live sessions in this guide are inactive.
2. Exam Prep: Tips, techniques and resources of studying during physical distancing. This webinar took place live on Friday, April 3, 2020, at 3:00 PM. The slides and script are available below if you missed it!
Student Engagement Event Coordinator