The University of Toronto Student Leadership Award continues U of T’s long-standing tradition of recognizing outstanding student leadership, service, and commitment to the university. This tradition began with the Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award, which was established in 1994 by the UTAA in honour of Mr. Gordon Cressy, former Vice-President, Development and University Relations. In naming the award in his honour, the University of Toronto Alumni Association (UTAA) recognized his leadership and service across various spheres, as well as his term at the university. During the award’s 25-year history, it celebrated the exemplary contributions of more than 4,000 students whose commitment and service had a lasting impact on their peers and the university.
The University of Toronto Student Leadership Award (UTSLA) continues the Cressy Award legacy. Recipients of this award will join the distinguished community of past Cressy Award recipients in being honoured for their exemplary leadership and service to U of T.
Students currently enrolled at the University of Toronto may be nominated for this award. Nominees must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined on the University of Toronto Student Leadership Awards website, under Eligibility.
Nomination eligibility criteria include:
- Be nominated by a member of U of T staff, faculty or alumni. The divisional Nomination Coordinator may serve as the Nominator. A student cannot nominate another student.
- Expect to convocate from their current program in June or November 2024.
- Have not received this award or the Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award previously, either as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA (CGPA) of 2.70 (B-) at the end of the previous academic session prior to the opening of the current nomination period.
- The nominee must have at least one year of significant volunteer leadership and high-impact service in the year immediately prior to the current nomination period.
Nominations for the 2023-24 are now open and will close Friday November 17th at 5:00pm. Applications should be uploaded as a PDF to the Awards Portal
(Alternate link : https://forms.office.com/r/k9fZE9sDRF)
For all questions and feedback regarding University of Toronto Student Leadership Awards, please contact: