Ever wonder where to go on campus to pray? Difficulty finding where the multi-faith spaces are? University of Toronto provides facilities for members of all faith communities to practice their religion, their traditions and rituals and is accommodating a diversity of faith-based and spiritual practices. These are various spaces across all three campuses. If you are an OrgLife-recognized student organization you are able to book space at UTM that can be used as a spiritual gathering place.
- CCT Brother's & Sister's Rooms
- Brother's Room - Maximum capacity is six
- Sister's Room - Maximum capacity is four
- Download the SMART Jamaat Portal to track your name/contact information for contact tracing purposes.
- Reflecting Pond at Roy Ivor Hall Residence
- Reflection Bays: Spaces for shared use by individuals for quiet reflection, meditation, prayer or relaxation
- Deerfield Hall 3rd Floor (between offices 3026 & 3028)
- Deerfield Hall 4th Floor (between offices 4026 & 4030)
- Instructional Building 3rd Floor (adjacent to IB377)
- Instructional Building 3rd Floor (across from IB396)
- Maanjiwe Nendamowninan 2nd Floor (adjacent to MN2171)
- Maanjiwe Nendamowninan 3rd Floor (across from MN3160)
Other spaces are available on campus but are not accessible due to COVID-19 restrictions. We will update the website as more information and approvals are provided.
Not sure where to go? Check out our UTM Campus Map!
St. George Campus
Multi-Faith Centre for Spiritual Study and Practice
Located at 569 Spadina Ave
- Main Activity Hall (seats 160)
- Meeting Room (seats 10)
- Multi-Purpose Room (seats 25, adjoining kitchen)
- Quiet Room (seats 20)
- Meditation Room (seats 10)
Bahen Centre for Information Technology
Located on 40 St. George St. The Multi-Faith Space is located beside Megabits Café. It is an open space with tiled floors and large windows. The space can accommodate up to 20-30 people, mats are provided and is open during regular building hours.
Located at 7 Hart House Circle. The Hart House Multi-Faith space is open to all members for private prayer and meditation, and may also be booked for special functions. A maximum of 30 people can be seated, and the chairs are configurable. Hart House also provides space for Jumu’ah prayers in the Debates Room with the Muslim community on campus every Friday afternoon as well as accommodating a variety of other faith communities on campus every week.
Located in the basement of Falconer Hall room 20. The access code for the room is provided at the reception office.
Leslie Dan Pharmacy Building
Located on 144 College St. right next to Queens Park Subway station. The Multi-Faith Spaces are located in the basement in room B220 and B222 and can each accommodate up to five people.
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)
Located on 252 Bloor St. W. The Multi-Faith Space is on the fourth floor in room number 4-409, it is open during regular building hours and can accommodate up to 10-15 people. The room is carpeted and a partition is available.
Located on 21 Sussex Ave.(at Huron). The Multi-Faith Space can accommodate approximately 10 people, is carpeted and has no furnishings. When the room is not booked, it is open for individual or small group prayer or meditation.
Located in room EM005, on the lower level of Emmanuel College (directly across the street from the Faculty of Law) on the campus of Victoria College. Hours for Muslim prayer have been specifically reserved for Monday to Friday 12:30-3 p.m. and 3:30-8 p.m.
- Student Centre Room SL – 281
- Student Centre Room SL – 279
Not sure where to go? Check out UofT's Campus Map!
For all questions regarding Interfaith & Spirituality at UTM, please contact:
UTM Student Groups & Interfaith Team
- Email: email@example.com