Community Leadership Development Program
Applications are now open! Complete our application form by Monday, September 20th at 11:59 PM EDT: CLDP Application Form.
What is the Community Leadership Development Program?
The Community Leadership Development Program (CLDP) is a unique year-long volunteer opportunity that allows students to volunteer as community leaders while also engaging in online training and workshops to develop leadership skills!
As a volunteer in the CLDP program, you will be considered a 'Community Leader'. Your time will be spent supporting one of four areas or 'streams' in our department (which you can rank in your application): STEAM programming, Inclusion programming, Second Year Supports programming or Alternative Reading Week. As a community leader, you will help recruit, train, and lead peers as well as support with in-person and virtual events run by UTM staff and community partners as part of one of these streams.
- Complete the application by Monday, September 20th at 11:59 PM EDT
- Complete online training on October 2nd, 2021, and training in early January (date TBD)
- Complete our leadership handbook focusing on the development of your leadership, facilitation, delegation, teamwork, organization, time management, and problem-solving as well as stress management and self-care
- Attend three leadership workshops alongside fellow CLDP participants
- Complete 40 hours of volunteering from November to April within a specific stream
- Complete all reflection and assessment documents
- Contribute to our large-scale CSE events such as Exam Jam; support of these events is often staffing/having a shift
- Optional: attend hands-on leadership practice sessions for the chance to be one of six students attending the Collegiate Leadership Competition
Application Process & Training
Complete our application form to be considered for the program: CLDP Application Form. If you would like to plan your responses before completing the online form, you can find a full list of the application questions here: CLDP Application Questions. Applications close Monday, September 20th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT. Successful applicants will be notified by September 27th, 2021. Training will take place virtually on October 2nd, 2021.
For all questions and feedback regarding Community Leadership Development Program, please contact:
- Phone: 905-828-3957
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org