Applications are now closed for this program.
What is the Community Leadership Development Program?
The Community Leadership Development Program (CLDP) is a unique year-long volunteer opportunity that allows students to volunteer as community leaders while also engaging in online training and workshops to develop leadership skills!
As a volunteer in the CLDP program, you will be considered a 'Community Leader'. Your time will be spent supporting one of four areas or 'streams' in our department (which you can rank in your application): STEAM programming, Inclusion programming, or Alternative Reading Week. As a community leader, you will help recruit, train, and lead peers as well as support with in-person and virtual events run by UTM staff and community partners as part of one of these streams.
This program is approved on the Co-Curricular Record!
- Complete an application by mid-September
- Complete training on Saturday, October 1, 2022, and training in early January (date TBD)
- Complete our leadership handbook
- Attend three leadership workshops alongside fellow CLDP participants
- Complete 40 hours of volunteering from November to April within a specific stream
- Complete all reflection and assessment documents
- Contribute to our large-scale CSE events such as Exam Jam; support of these events is often staffing/having a shift
- Optional: attend hands-on leadership practice sessions for the chance to be one of six students attending the Collegiate Leadership Competition
For all questions and feedback regarding Community Leadership Development Program, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com