What is Civic Engagement?
The Civic Engagement program provides opportunities for students to learn more and understand their involvement as citizens in the community. This includes:
- Examining information and news with a critical and reflective lens
- Understanding and participating in municipal, provincial, and federal systems and processes
- Volunteerism, giving back, and getting involved in community
- Activism, advocacy, and social change
Learn more about our Civic Engagement initiatives!
- "The City Where We Live" Policy Challenge
- Civic Engagement x Sustainability Week, in partnership with MScSM
To develop new initiatives, we encourage partners in the community to connect with us to explore ways we can work together to provide these opportunities at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) and in the local community.
We invite schools, parents and families, local community organizations, and UTM community mentors and student groups to explore how we can work together.
If you are interested in partnering with the Centre for Student Engagement on Civic Engagement initiatives, please fill out our form.
For all questions and feedback regarding Civic Engagement, please contact:
Community Innovation Coordinator
- Room 5216, Maanjiwe Nendamowinan Building
- Email: email@example.com