Alumni Mentorship Program
Applications are now closed for 2021-2022 mentees to be matched with Alumni Mentors. Applications closed on Monday, September 27, 2021, at 9 a.m.
The Alumni Mentorship Program (AMP) offers support, guidance and networking opportunities for third and fourth-year students. The AMP provides student mentees with a platform to grow professionally, learn new skills, navigate their career path, and expand their professional networks to give them a competitive advantage. By connecting third and fourth-year students to alumni mentors, AMP encourages and supports their development and progress towards their future goals.
With students in remote learning, for the time being, our alumni are even more crucial to student's success to move through their career discovery process without being on campus. Our alumni mentors are from across the world, with five-plus years of professional experience in various industries and professions, and are excited to support you with your career journey!
Accepted undergraduate students are selected annually to take part in the Alumni Mentorship Program. The program runs virtually from October 2021 to April 2022.
Benefits of Being a Mentee:
- Be Informed through key industry insights to strengthen your skills in professionalism, communication, career planning, goal setting and prioritization, and decision-making and action;
- Be Engaged in professional development sessions, one-on-one support from both your alumni mentor, mentee community and UTM's Career Centre resources; and
- Be Inspired by learning and discussing strategies and experiences to navigate life's hurdles to achieve your goals in an empathetic, non-judgemental and supportive environment.
Eligibility, Application & Requirements
- Students are eligible for this program if they currently have a CGPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must be in their third year or higher of their undergraduate degree;
- Applicants will be informed of the results by October Reading Week and matched with a mentor shortly after October Reading Week.
Program Requirements if Selected:
- Complete the online course ‘Know Yourself’ by Oct. 15, 2021, on the Career Centre online portal;
- Attend the virtual Mentee Orientation on Friday, Oct. 15, 2021 (specific time to be determined);
- Connect virtually with your alumni mentor, once matched, at least four times for 30-60 minute mentoring sessions throughout October 2021 to April 2022;
- Participate in monthly virtual community check-ins with fellow mentees led by an Alumni Mentorship Assistant (a total of five check-ins will occur - October, November, January, February and March); and
- Share feedback with the Alumni Mentorship Assistant about your experiences and ways we can improve the program.
For all questions and feedback regarding Alumni Mentorship, please contact:
- Room 3125, William G. Davis Building (Find us on a map here!)
- Phone: 416-864-8383
- Email: email@example.com
This mentoring experience is in partnership with the Office of Advancement.
The U of T Mississauga Alumni Mentorship Program is proudly sponsored by the University of Toronto's Affinity Partner: Manulife.