Go Girls In-School Mentorship
The Go Girls In-School mentorship program provides female youth with a young adult female role model and friend to talk to. Bigs and Littles will share experiences and stories of school and growing up for an hour every week.
Bonding over a board game, crafts, or hanging out in a playground helps kids reach their full potential. Mentoring programs can help keep kids in school, avoid bullying, and develop a greater respect for their family, peers, and community.
Log on to learn more about this program in a live chat with staff and partners on:
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021, from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm here! Password:298870
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021, from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm here! Password: 686054
The Go Girls In-School Mentorship is a partnership program with Peel District School Board and Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board where an adult mentor is matched with a child in elementary school in a 1:1 match.
Typically mentees are aged 7-13, however, we anticipate more mentees in the age range of 10-13 this year due to the virtual format.
The focus of the match is fun and friendship. Recognizing that there is no in-person contact in schools, new exemptions have been put in place to have mentors be matched virtually 1:1 for this school year. Bonding over a board game, crafts, or hanging out in a playground helps kids reach their full potential.
To enrol as a volunteer mentor, please:
- Complete this form
- Attend training session(s), which will be communicated to you once you sign up.
- Meet virtually with your project team for training
- Complete assigned tasks
- Complete reflection activity after the program
There are limited spaces. Sign-up is on a first-come basis. Please note, a Police and Vulnerable Sector Check is needed as a final step to volunteering with mentees in this program.
For all questions and feedback regarding Go Girls In-School Mentorship, please contact:
- Room 3125, William G. Davis Building (Find us on a map here!)
- Phone: 416-864-8383
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org