Go Girls In-School Mentorship
The Go Girls In-School mentorship program provides female youth with a young adult female role model and friend to talk to. Bigs and Littles will share experiences and stories of school and growing up for an hour every week.
Bonding over a board game, crafts, or hanging out in a playground helps kids reach their full potential. Mentoring programs can help keep kids in school, avoid bullying, and develop a greater respect for their family, peers, and community.
The Go Girls In-School Mentorship is a partnership program with Peel District School Board and Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board where an adult mentor is matched with a child in elementary school in a 1:1 match.
Typically mentees are aged 7-13, however, we anticipate more mentees in the age range of 10-13 this year due to the virtual format.
The focus of the match is fun and friendship. Recognizing that there is no in-person contact in schools, new exemptions have been put in place to have mentors be matched virtually 1:1 for this school year. Bonding over a board game, crafts, or hanging out in a playground helps kids reach their full potential.
1. Log into CLNx at https://clnx.utoronto.ca/students/overview.htm
2. Click on 'UTORid Login.'
3. From the navigation menu, go to 'Experiential Learning':
4. To enroll in the program, select one of the following two options (either a or b):
a. New Student the Experiential Learning Module (i.e. first time participating in an experiential learning program): Click on the 'View Available Programs/Courses' button.
b. Students previously enrolled in any Experiential Program can access the program by clicking on the 'View' button (located in the 'Current Experiences' tile), or by clicking directly on the respective tile located to the right of your screen.
5. In the 'Current Experiences' catalogue, select 'Community Youth Mentorship.'
6. Follow the program instructions on CLNx to officially register and choose your project!
For all questions and feedback regarding Go Girls In-School Mentorship, please contact:
- Room 3125, William G. Davis Building (Find us on a map here!)
- Phone: 416-864-8383
- Email: email@example.com