Bigs On-Campus Youth Mentorship Program supports youth to develop social, academic and leadership skills in a structured group environment facilitated by UTM mentors. Bigs on Campus youth participants participate in fun and skill-based activities. Activities include sports, social outings, community tours, interactive learning and more. The Bigs On-Campus Youth Mentorship Program is in partnership with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel and Halton Regions and provides programming for youth 9-14 years.
All Bigs On-Campus Youth Mentorship Program mentors are encouraged and supported to help their mentees explore post-secondary education, increase their confidence, and learn in a supportive environment.
This program runs every Tuesday evening from 6:45 pm-8:30 pm, in-person, at UTM starting mid-October 2022 through to mid-March 2023.
As a mentor in the Bigs on Campus Youth Mentorship Program, UTM students must:
- Complete this form;
- Provide a Police and Vulnerable Sector Check, issued within the last three (3) years;
- Submit an Application Form to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel and Halton (which will be emailed to you);
- Attend program training session(s), which will be communicated to you once you sign up;
- Commit to 3-4 hours per week for in-person Bigs on Campus Youth Mentorship Program sessions (Wednesday evenings at UTM), including prep time; and
- Participate in reflection activities.
For all questions and feedback regarding the Bigs on Campus Youth Mentorship Program, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com