What is LAUNCH?
LAUNCH is an initiative that brings together the academic and community aspects of being a new UTM student in a way that supports student transition and success. The role of a LAUNCH Leader is to facilitate and run interactive weekly sessions for new to UTM students.
The role of LAUNCH Leader is an academic internship for the fall term. In addition to facilitating their weekly LAUNCH sessions, LAUNCH Leaders are enrolled in EDS/UTM377, in which they learn more about student transition and the importance of student support.
LAUNCH Leaders have a community of students who they work with each week to grow academically, socially, and personally. This unique role allows LAUNCH Leaders the chance to facilitate sessions, build personal relationships, and help students succeed in their first year at UTM!
Want to join our team as a LAUNCH Leader? Applications for LAUNCH Internship positions are currently open! To apply, please:
- Log onto clnx.utoronto.ca
- Click on Volunteer Opportunities
- Search for the job IC #215105
Applications close March 14, 2023 at 11:59PM.
Want to Learn More about the LAUNCH Internship?
Join us for a virtual information session on March 8, 2023! Details and registration information are below.
LAUNCH Internship Information Session
- Format: Virtual
- Time and Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 2:00pm-3:00pm (please note the new day!)
- Details: This session will give an overview of the LAUNCH Leader Internship role and its connection to the course EDS377H5 Why the First Year of University Matters: The Impact of Peer Mentoring. We will also outline the application and selection process, and provide prospective applicants with the opportunity to ask any questions they may have.
- Registration: Please Register here for the LAUNCH Internship Information Session
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the virtual meeting.
For all questions and feedback regarding LAUNCH Hiring, please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org