Welcome to Drop-in Sports at UTM
No standings, no stats, no commitment; take part in Drop-In Sports this year, No expereince required! UTM allows multiple drop-in sports both within the Recreation, Athletics and Wellness Centre and Sport fields which include:
Please Note: Access to the UTM RAWC Changerooms will be unavailable for the week of September 28 - October 1 (inclusive) due to repair work. The fitness centre, group fitness classes, and indoor and outdoor sports will still be available, however, users are asked to arrive ready to participate. During this week only, please you bring your belongings with you as you move throughout the space.
- Table Tennis
- Field Sports (Outdoor)
- Beach Volleyball
*additional sports will be added and protocols for offered sports will change as based on provincial health regulations
All Drop-In Sports will now require registration to participate. Registration is OPEN to all incidental paying students enrolled in the 2021-2022 year at UofT. Please register for your Drop-In Sport booking by visiting www.recreation.utoronto.ca and select the Drop-In Sport that are interested in.
Please review the following sections for addtional details:
- Drop-In Sports Protocols & Etiquette
- How to Book Drop-In Sport Time
- How to Cancel Your Drop-In Sport Time
- Borrowing Equipment Details
Provincial Proof of Vaccine Requirement
In accordance with the Province of Ontario Passport Certificate Regulation and effective September 22, 2021, all participants accessing indoor sport, recreation and fitness facilities must be fully vaccinated (2 doses plus 14 days). The regulation can be found here.
Please note that all Sport & Rec participants of indoor programming are required to show proof of vaccination and complete a screening on the day of your visit.
All requirements can be found on our 2021 Vaccine Requirement page.
DROP-IN SPORTS PROTOCOLS & ETIQUETTE
- Pre-booking/Reserving your time on the court/field is required for all drop-in sports
- Registration opens 2 days before the program date on the Fusion Portal
- Everyone is required to complete the UofT UCheck prior to arriving for your booking
- You will be required to show proof you completed this screening by showing us the "Green UCheck" along with your T-Card (or photo ID) when you arrive
- Check-In for indoor sports will be made at the RAWC Welcome Desk and for Fields & Courts will be located at the tent area beside
- Each session can be up to 45 minutes in length, please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your program time
- If you experience any symptoms on the screening form or do not feel well, please stay home and if possible cancel your booking
- Everyone must check-in
- Check-In for indoor sports will be made at the RAWC Welcome Desk and for Fields & Courts will be located at the eagle tent near playing area
- We encourage participants to come dress ready to participate.
- Change rooms & Lockers are now open for DAY USE ONLY. Remember to bring your lock
- Everyone must obey physical distancing guidelines while in the facility
- Face masks must be worn while checking in and when in the facility (both outdoor & indoor)
- For example, face masks must be used when checking in, using the change room and moving throughout the facility.
- Face Masks are not required during athletic or fitness activities but is encouraged
- Games will not be permitted for certain sports (i.e. soccer, football, basketball etc.)
HOW TO BOOK DROP-IN SPORT TIME
If you want to book a time for drop-in sports, please follow these steps:
- Go to recreation.utoronto.ca for UTM
- Please sign in using your UTORID information
- From the main landing page choose the icon for "Sports", current semester & the University of Toronto Mississauga category. This will bring you the list of all drop-in sports currently offered. Make sure you are in the correct semester.
- All program instances will show up at the bottom of the screen. Bookings are allowed 2 days in advance.
- Click the "Register" button on the time day that you want to come!
- Complete Ucheck plus bring your T-Card for check-in when you arrive!
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR DROP-IN SPORT TIME
If you wish to cancel your court and/or field booking, please follow these steps:
- While signed in to recreation.utoronto.ca click your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop down menu that appears choose "Profile"
- Choose "Registrations" from the left hand menu
- Locate the booking you wish to cancel from the list and click on the three dots at the end of the booking.
- From the drop down list choose "cancel registration"
- If you have any difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the email@example.com
BORROWING EQUIPMENT DETAILS
- The RAWC Welcome desk will have equipment available to rent
- Outdoor equipment – i.e. footballs, soccer, balls, tennis balls & racquets, etc. will be available at the check-in desk located at the Eagles Tent beside the field/courts
- Equipment will be sanitized after every use by RAWC staff
- Should you have your own equipment, we encourage you to bring it!
- I.E. badminton racquet, squash racquet, basketball, etc.
If you wish to borrow equipment, please follow these steps:
- Ask the welcome desk staff if they have any equipment available for the specific drop-in sport when you arrive
- For example, if I registered for Badminton, I will need a racquet and a birdie
- Provide your T-Card to sign-out the equipment
- Use the equipment in the specific facility and have fun!
- Once booking is complete, return the equipment back to the Welcome desk/Eagles Tent
- Provide the staff with your T-card to sign-out the equipment
*In-person programs are subject to change due to provincial health regulations.
For any inquiries on Drop-In Sport programming at UTM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.