Absence Declaration on ACORN
Declare Your Absence on ACORN
If, for any reason, you are unwell, please declare your absence on ACORN. This will ensure that we can make every effort to provide needed academic accommodations to support you, and monitor overall absences in our community. Please note that students remain responsible for meeting course requirements as determined by your instructors.
1. Login to ACORN, and click on Profile & Settings from the left-hand menu.
2. Click on Absence Declaration
3. Record each day that you are absent – as soon as it begins up until the day you return to campus for classes or other activities.
Medical or supporting documentation is not required.
Everyone has the ability to help reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our community. The most effective things you can do are:
- Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when handwashing is not easily available
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or sleeve, not into your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Stay home if you feel unwell
- It is important to continue to check travel and public health advisories and the University of Toronto’s website as this is an evolving situation.
To receive emergency messages from the University on your mobile device, we encourage you to provide additional contact information through the UTAlert system. For more information, please refer to the University's Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19.
The University’s primary concern continues to be the health and safety of all members of the University community. We would like to emphasize that no one should be excluded or banned from attending classes or work. It is important at these times that we all remember to observe the University’s commitment to human rights and our values of diversity, inclusion, and respect. Please continue to check the University’s homepage for updates on U of T’s COVID-19 preparations.