Return from Absence

If you are returning to your studies after an absence of 12 consecutive months or more, please contact us to re-gain access to course enrolment on ACORN. Submit the Reactivation of Student Record Form before classes begin.


  • your last AND most recent registration was at U of T Mississauga as a degree or non-degree student
  • you have at least one U of T Mississauga course on your transcript (a final grade, or late withdrawal) 
  • you were away from your studies for at least 12 consecutive months
  • you have paid all your outstanding fees and have no financial holds

Important Considerations

  • If you studied elsewhere during your absence from U of T Mississauga, review the procedure for post-admission transfer credit assessment.
  • Students who were previously registered but did not obtain standing in at least one course (i.e., grades or late withdrawals) must re-apply for admission through the Ontario Universities Application Centre.
  • Students previously registered as non-degree visiting students must submit a new visiting student application by the deadline prior to each session.