Please note that due to COVID-19: Direct deposit refunds are processed within 1-2 business days. Cheques will be processed once a week and are mailed by Canada Post. Cheques with international addresses are not mailed, and students who do not opt for direct deposit should contact Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Your Refund
The safest, quickest, and most efficient way of receiving a refund is by opting in to the direct deposit option on ACORN.
Throughout the year, the University will automatically review each student's acccount and issue refunds accordingly to eligible students on the following schedule:
- last two weeks of October
- last week of February
- first week of March
- last two weeks of June
All Other Students:
- late October to early November
- late February to early March
- late June
Outside of this schedule, students can also initiate a refund request by following the steps below:
OSAP Students With a Credit Balance on ACORN
- If you are eligible for a refund due to a credit balance on your account, you will see a blue bar on your ACORN dashboard with a direct link to the OSAP Refund Request Form.
- During peak time, processing may take more than 2 weeks due to the volume of requests.
- Enrolment Services will re-assess your OSAP application to determine whether some or all of the credit balance should be refunded to a U of T award/scholarship program (if applicable), refunded to the National Student Loans Service Centre to reduce your outstanding loans, and/or refunded to you.
Tuition Refunds for All Other Students (Non-OSAP)
Contact: U of T's Student Accounts Office at 416-978-2142 or by email at email@example.com. Please include your full name and student number for all online inquiries.