Before enrolling in courses, and no later than the first day of classes in that term.
Students can enrol in a maximum of 3.0 credits in the Fall-Winter session, or 1.5 credits in the Summer session. Students who wish to exceed this course load may submit a petition to enrol in more than:
- 2.0 credits in the Summer session
- 6.0 credits in the Fall/Winter session
- 1.0 credit per term in the Summer session or more than 3.0 credits per term in in the Fall/Winter session.
A course overload petition will only be considered for students who are:
- graduating at the next ceremony and have earned a minimum CGPA of 1.85
- November graduates may request a Summer session overload
- June graduates may request a Fall or Winter term overload
- graduating in a future ceremony and have earned a minimum CGPA of 2.70
Course overload requests for enrolment into waitlisted courses are unlikely to be granted. This process is managed by the Office of the Registrar and there is only one opportunity to appeal a refused decision. Appeals should be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar. All appeal decisions are final.