UTM Anthropology Society (UTMAS)
2021-22 UTMAS Executive Elections
March 19, 2021 update: UTMAS will be holding elections for 2021-22 executive positions in the coming weeks. All positions are CCR-approved, provide you with new leadership skills and networking experiences. Further, this opportunity will allow you strengthen community within UTM by building connections with faculty, and professionals in anthropology.
- View the UTMAS election announcement poster
- UTMAS website and blog
- UTMAS Instagram
- UTMAS email: email@example.com
Who can run or vote in the UTMAS elections?
To be eligible, to nominate yourself, or vote in this election you must be a full/part-time undergraduate student enrolled in one of the following:
- Anthropology Specialist programs
- Anthropology Major programs
- Anthropology Minor programs
- Forensic Anthropology Specialist program
- Students enrolled in ANT101 and ANT102
- Nomination Period: March 22 to 26, 2021
- A Virtually Recorded All Candidates Meeting will be held between March 26 - 29, 2021
- Campaign Period: March 29 to April 2, 2021
- Voting Period: April 5 to 7, 2021 (8:00am-11:59pm)
Interested in running?
Interested candidates will need to email CRO: firstname.lastname@example.org, with their completed nominations package. Fill out the first page of the nominations package, which includes (stating your name, year, subject POSt, why you want to run and position, and which position you are interested in running for), please ensure you initial/sign the bottom of each page.
You also may choose or change the specific position you are running for after attending the Candidates meeting. For further information on positions, or UTMAS policies, refer to the 2021 UTMAS Constitution.
If you have any other questions, please email us at: email@example.com
What UTMAS executive positions are available?
The positions available and the responsiblities for each role are listed below. Please note that roles are not necessarily limited to these descriptions, but these are general overviews.
- Preside over and call all meetings while acting as a liaison between UTMAS, UTMSU, and the UTM Department of Anthropology.
- Co-Vice Presidents (2 positions)
- Coordinate schedules for UTMAS members, also responsible for longer programs and events.
- Administrative Coordinator
- Record meeting minutes and attendance, handle financial transactions.
- Events Coordinator (2 positions)
- Organize and coordinate UTMAS social and academic events.
- Communications Officer (2 positions)
- Answering emails and posting advertisements for events on UTMAS social media and UTMAS website.
- Year Representatives (1 per year of study)
- Liaison between the year assigned to and other members.
Who we are
The University of Toronto Mississauga Anthropology Society (UTMAS) is an academic student organization officially recognized by the University of Toronto Mississauga.
What we do
With an aim to provide a network for UTM Anthropology undergraduate students, the society promotes the discipline of Anthropology through holding a variety of social and academic events throughout the year which provide the opportunity to engage with peers and faculty members.
Full-time and part-time UTM undergraduate students enrolled in Anthropology Specialist, Major and/or Minor programs, or the Forensic Anthropology Specialist program are automatically members of the UTM Anthropology Society and eligible to vote in the society's elections.
Be sure to follow UTMAS on social media for the latest event updates and announcements!
Executive Council members hold regular office hours in the Anthropology Department during the Fall and Winter terms. Contact UTMAS at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Anthropology undergraduate students: if you are interested in volunteering at any events, please send an email to email@example.com.
Follow UTMAS on social media and check the Department of Anthropology Events page for updates on events such as:
- Anthropology Conference featuring student presentations
- Facilitated Study Groups
- Faculty Meet & Greet
- Field School Information Session
- Field trip to Royal Ontario Museum
- Graduate School Information Session
- Movie Nights
- Valentine’s Day Sale
- UTMAS Executive Council Elections
The UTMAS Executive Council members oversee the activities and day-to-day operations of the society. Council members can develop skills in leadership, organization, communication, and event planning while promoting the discipline of Anthropology. Executive Council elections are held annually.
Learn about the 2020-21 Executive Council team on the UTMAS website.
- President: Lydia
- Vice President: Brynn
- Secretary-Treasurer: Vinnah
- Event Coordinator: Shehani
- Communications Officer: Hailey
- Communications Officer: Sai
- 1st Year Representative: Hunar
- 2nd Year Representative: Lilly
- 3rd Year Representative: Caroline
- 4th Year Representative: Yasmine