Resources for Counsellors
We value the partnership with secondary school guidance counsellors throughout the application process. We rely on school counselling staff in all jurisdictions to reinforce the university’s application requirements and deadlines and to highlight our admission requirements.
Black Access to Educational Excellence Initiative Dismantles Barriers
by Deborah Peart
Table of Contents:
The Technology, Coding, and Society (TCS) major program focuses on the impact of technologies, including hardware, platform and associated software, on people and on society more generally.
The Chinese Language and Culture major program is for advanced language learners who would like to improve their written and oral communication skills in both academic and professional settings. (NOTE: The Chinese Language Minor is intended for students who have near-native proficiency level in Chinese so that they can be fully engaged in course materials and lectures conducted in Chinese.)
Cinema Studies will now be offered as a major program, in addition to the existing minor program.
No program changes have been announced for the 2022-23 academic year.
No programs have been renamed for the 2022-23 academic year.
No programs have been suspended for the 2022-23 academic year.
Admission Update Regarding COVID-19
We understand this is a stressful time for students preparing for post-secondary studies. We will continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the school year and will be as flexible as possible throughout the admission process. Here is some guidance and pieces of advice:
- We've updated our Resources for Counsellors page to provide you with guidance to support students who have applied to U of T as well as those who are exploring their options.
- As part of Guidance Dialogues Fall 2020, U of T prepared a quick video summary of useful updates (click to view on YouTube).
- The University of Toronto has renewed its commitment to inclusive learning environments, transformative research and a safe, healthy community. Find out more about how we're doing by visiting the UTogether 2020 website.
University of Toronto Counsellor Community Mailing List
Stay up-to-date with the latest application news and receive invitations to events for the counselling community from across U of T.
Black Access to Educational Excellence (BAEE@UTM) Newsletter
A quarterly newsletter for students, counsellors, and parents with updates about the Black Access to Educational Excellence (BAEE@UTM) initiative, useful resources, and other important information for Black students.
Browse our library of recorded information sessions and explore the opportunities and experiences that await you at U of T — on your own time.
Our unique and dynamic programs, our vibrant campus, and our diverse community of students, faculty, and alumni. Learn why else 16,000 students call us home.
Our recruitment staff and student ambassadors are ready to help you discover the University of Toronto and build your path to joining us in the fall.
Other Useful Resources & Links
- How We Rank Worldwide
- National Scholarships
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
- 2020-21 Undergraduate Admissions Bulletin (PDF)
- 2020-21 International Undergraduate Admissions Bulletin (PDF)
- Application Deadlines
- Housing Services
Icons by Icons8