Internal Transfer


How to Apply

University of Toronto has contracted with the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) to provide application processing services. When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will be required to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one), complete, and submit your application.

Admission Requirements

Use the University of Toronto Internal Application if you have previously registered at the University of Toronto in a degree, Pre-University program, or as either a Non-degree or Visiting Student (this does not include Continuing Education studies).

Admission will be based on your overall academic record and your most recent year of full-time studies. Competitive applicants usually have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.5. In addition all program prerequisites must be met.

Transfer Credit

If you are admitted with acceptable standing at the Faculty of Arts & Science and/or U of T Scarborough, you do not need to apply for a Transfer Credit Assessment. Your courses and grades will be automatically retained and remain on ACORN.

There are a few exceptions to the above:

  1. If you are admitted with acceptable standing from another U of T undergraduate division not mentioned above (i.e. Applied Science and Engineering, Music, Physical Education and Health, etc.), you must submit the transfer credit application and uploaded all supporting documentation (where required).
  2. If prior to, or during your studies at the Faculty of Arts & Science and/or U of T Scarborough, you completed courses at an institution outside of U of T, you must submit the transfer credit application for those non-U of T courses, even if they were already assessed at the other division; transfer credit assessments may differ from division to division.

A Few Notes

  • Internal transfer applicants are required to submit a non-refundable application fee of $90.
  • If required, applicants may also be subject to the $30 processing fee after receiving admission to U of T Mississauga (see exceptions above).
  • If you have completed an undergraduate degree at U of T, you may complete a second undergraduate degree at U of T Mississauga provided that the second degree is different than your former (e.g. if you completed an HBA at the Faculty of Arts & Science, you may not complete a second HBA at U of T Mississauga).
  • If you have previously attended U of T Mississauga and wish to return after an absence of at least 12 consecutive months, you would need to complete a Request to Re-Activate Student Record Form and speak with the Office of the Registrar.
  • If you are experiencing any technical difficulties with the online application, please direct them to the OUAC.