Non-Degree Senior Citizen Student

Sandford Fleming Building

Program Requirements & Guidelines

You may qualify as a Non-Degree Senior Citizen student if you meet the following requirements:

  • Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residents of Canada
  • At least 65 years of age by the first day of the term. Proof of age will be required to support your application. You may provide a copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license, or any Senior Citizen privilege card – federal or provincial.

As a Non-Degree Senior Citizen student, you do not have to meet the traditional academic requirements for admissions, though some courses may have prerequisites needed from high school.

A Few Notes

  • As a U of T Mississauga Non-Degree Senior Citizen student, you may only enrol in courses on the Mississauga campus.
  • Approval as a Non-Degree Senior Citizen student is not the equivalent of university admission, nor does it imply future acceptance as either a degree student, or a non-degree student at U of T.
  • If you wish to pursue a University of Toronto degree at a later time, contact our office at 905-828-5400 prior to registering as a Non-Degree Senior Citizen student.
  • Please note that we do not have a formal option for auditing courses. If accepted into non-degree studies, you will be enrolled in a course(s) as a student, and will be responsible for paying all academic fees associated with the course(s) you are enrolled in.

How to Apply

The application includes a detailed breakdown of the application procedures:

  1. Download and complete the Non-Degree Senior Citizen Student Application Form
  2. Submit the completed form:

Don't forget to include proof of age as part of your application (passport, driver's license, birth certificate).

Application Deadlines

Applications will be accepted provided there is space in the course(s). If the university is closed, the deadline will be extended to the next business day.

  • Summer, First Term: April 15
  • Summer, Second Term: June 15
  • Fall Term: August 1
  • Winter Term: December 1


If you have any questions about registering, please contact our office at 905-828-5400. When doing so, please identify yourself as a "Non-Degree Senior Citizen Student" for us to help you as efficiently as possible.