We're glad to see you're interested in becoming an Eagle! You've done your research, you know what's expected of you, and you know what you want. It's now time to apply.
Most applicants will apply online through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC). They've also created useful Application Guides in addition to the information below that can guide you through the process.
As an Ontario high school applicant, you will apply using the OUAC 101 Application Form if you meet the following requirements:
- You are taking day courses at an Ontario secondary school and expect to receive your Ontario Secondary School Diploma with six 4U/M courses at the end of the current year.
- You have not, at some point, been out of secondary school for more than seven consecutive months.
- You have not attended a postsecondary (college/university/career college) institution.
- You are applying to the first year of an undergraduate degree program or diploma program at an Ontario university.
Your high school guidance office or student services office will provide you with instructions and a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that will be required to access the application.
How to apply to the University of Toronto Mississauga
Getting to Know U of T: For High School Students in Ontario
Frequently Asked Questions by Ontario High School Students
If you are not an Ontario high school applicant, you will apply using the OUAC 105 Application Form if you meet the following requirements:
- You currently reside in Canada (Canadian citizens, permanent residents [landed immigrants] or those currently studying in Canada on a study permit or other visa), or are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident (landed immigrant) living elsewhere (not in Canada), and you are not currently attending an Ontario high school day program.
- You currently reside outside of Canada, are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) and are not currently attending an Ontario high school day program (in Ontario or abroad).
In addition to the OUAC application service fee, a non-refundable University of Toronto supplementary fee of $90 is required.
What’s Waiting For You at the University of Toronto
Getting to Know U of T: For High School Students Outside of Ontario
Frequently Asked Questions by Students From Outside of Ontario
International students have the option to apply directly to the University of Toronto if they do not wish to apply to any other post-secondary institution in Ontario. You can only use this application if you meet the following requirements below. Contact us if you have any questions about this procedure.
- You are only applying to the University of Toronto, AND
- You currently reside outside of Canada, AND
- You are not currently studying, or have not previously studied, in Canada, AND
- You have not already applied to the University of Toronto using a 105 Application form on OUAC
If you are interested in pursuing undergraduate programs at UTM, but do not hold the published admission requirements, you may be eligible for one of our many alternative application pathways:
- Bridging Pathway: Mature students who do not meet traditional admission requirements are welcome to join us for the opportunity for successful direct admission to university level studies.
- Part-Time Students: A part-time student is one taking less than a 60% course load in a certificate, degree, or diploma program. Take a lighter load and do it part-time.
- Second Degree: What's better than one U of T degree? Two U of T degrees.
- Internal U of T Transfer: 1 University; 3 Campuses. Are you interested in transferring your U of T studies to another campus?
- Non-Degree & Visiting: Do you want to take courses at UTM for your home institution? Or perhaps you wish to take some additional courses for post-grad work or simply because you are interested in the material.
- Senior Citizen Student: If you are at least 65 years of age by the first day of the term may register with special conditions.
- Refugee Pathway: We understand that many refugees coming to Canada have unique situations and varied educational backgrounds. We can help.
Now that you've applied, you may be required to complete additional steps, as well as some that are optional based on your application status. These will all be outlined in the JOIN U of T Applicant Website, which you will get access to approximately one week after applying.