How to Apply
Learning how to apply to U of T Mississauga is a fairly straightforward process. The only thing you need to decide at the moment of application is which of our 12 admission categories the program you'd like to study falls into. On this page, we walk you through how to plan your high school prerequisites, prepare your application, and choose a program/degree that meets your future goals.
1. Choose what you want to study
Every year, we publish a concise viewbook that goes over the following topics:
- Campus life, our community, and the City of Mississauga.
- Resources on campus, how we support you, and the opportunities available to you.
- All relevant information about our undergraduate programs and specifically how to apply to them.
- Facts & figures and other useful tips and information.
If you want to dive right into the Program Chart, go to page 32-33.
We have over 180 program options. How do you decide which ones to pick? Here's what you need to do right now:
These programs are neatly organized into 12 admission categories. Pick the one that has the program you want to study.
Our Programs pages have everything you need to learn more about:
- Prerequisites (courses you need to complete before applying) and admission details
- Courses and unique opportunities you'd love
- Stories about students and professors pushing the boundaries of their fields
Explore your future options
Sometimes, it helps to decide on a program or admission category by seeing what the future holds.
Quick overviews of the many academic and co-curricular opportunities available within each program to help you get the most out of your time in university and see what your time here could look like.
Your program doesn't determine your career. Our Careers by Major database identifies some potential career fields related to choice of program. If you're undecided, this could help you work backwards to choose a program.
2. Learn the admission requirements
Here are some tips to help you consider what you need to apply:
- Our 12 admission categories have their own unique academic requirements (e.g. prerequisite courses) you need to meet. Meeting these requirements might also not be enough; increase your chances by improving your academic performance.
- You also need to satisfy our English Language Requirements as part of your application.
- Depending on your academic background, some of the requirements might differ or be altered. This website includes everything you need to ensure you are fully prepared to apply.
It's now time to apply. Here's how to do it, along with a few extra resources:
- Canadian Students
- International Students
- Mature Students
- Dates & Deadlines
- English Language Requirements
- Ontario Universities' Applications Centre
Have you already applied? Learn about your next steps, how we make decisions, and when you can expect to hear from us.
Congratulations on your offer of admission and welcome to U of T Mississauga! Here are your next steps on your way to accepting your offer.
Applying During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We understand this is a stressful time for students preparing for post-secondary studies. School closures and exam delays are affecting both high school and post-secondary students around the world, and there is uncertainty about the extent of disruption we will all face before normal activities can resume. We will continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the school year and will be as flexible as possible throughout the admission process. As specific questions arise throughout the year we will update this page.
Find out more about how the University of Toronto is adapting and staying committed to inclusive learning environments, transformative research and a safe, healthy community.