If you are currently enrolled in or have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma, here’s what you need to know about our admission requirements and transfer credit you may be eligible for.
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma, including English HL or SL is required for admission.
- A minimum grade of 4 is required in English HL or SL.
- Prerequisite courses can be presented at either the Standard or Higher Level.
- For programs with a Math prerequisite, see below for which courses are acceptable.
- A predicted score of 27 or more is required for a provisional offer of admission. More competitive programs require a higher predicted score.
A Few Notes
- If you are currently enrolled in the IB Diploma program, you must submit your predicted IB results (1-7 scale), including TOK/Extended Essay/Bonus points, confirmation that you are completing the full IB Diploma, a current transcript including any mid-term/mid-year results available, and complete the online self-reported grades form.
- If you are currently enrolled in the IB Certificate/Course program, you must submit your predicted IB results (1-7 scale), confirmation that you are completing the IB Certificate/Course program, a current transcript including any mid-term/mid-year results available; and importantly, the name of the matriculation certificate/diploma to be awarded upon completion of your studies.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission if you do not maintain the strong academic standing you were admitted on, particularly in any of the required courses, and if you fail to obtain the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Final IB results must be sent directly to the University of Toronto electronically by the International Baccalaureate Office. Final results issued by your school are not considered official.
If you completed an IB Math course before 2021:
- Mathematics HL or SL will satisfy both the Calculus and Advanced Functions prerequisites.
- Math Studies SL is not acceptable towards satisfying any math requirements at the University of Toronto.
If you completed an IB Math course after 2021:
The Advanced Functions and Calculus prerequisites can be satisfied by:
- Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations HL
- Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches SL or HL
The Advanced Functions prerequisite can be satisfied by:
- Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations SL
Eligible courses completed at the Higher Level can be awarded transfer credit at U of T Mississauga. For detailed information, please review our International Baccalaureate Transfer Credit page.
- U of T Mississauga will award a maximum of 3.0 transfer credits for the completion of Higher Level (HL) exams with a minimum grade of 5. No transfer credit is awarded for Standard Level (SL) exams.