About the conference
The UTM Anthropology Society is pleased to organize this event at UTM. Although the conference is designed with undergraduate students in mind, graduate students are also welcome!
Benefits of attending
- broaden your understanding of the various fields of study
- gain tools and ideas necessary to consider different future careers within anthropology
- engage with UTM peers and faculty in a supportive environment; grow your network
- if you wish to present your work, practicing your presentation skills can help you gain confidence for future presentations, graduate school, and interviews
- presenters can gain a co-curricular record (CCR) credit
Presentation methods and ideas
Undergraduates: this event is designed so you can practice your presentation skills in an informal and supportive environment on the UTM campus!
- Solo or group presentations are welcome
- Oral presentations should be approximately five minutes long
- If you prefer to present a poster you can apply for funding to cover the cost of printing (see Research Posters section below)
Some ideas for presentations:
- Research paper or project from an ANT course you have already completed
- Research that is in progress for an ANT course that you are currently enrolled in
- A UTM Abroad travel experience
- A field school experience
- An independent study experience
- An internship experience
- A work-study position experience
View the UTM Library's page on Research Posters: Creation, Design, & Best Practices for more information on:
- how to plan and design a poster to effectively present your information to an audience;
- poster templates and examples; and
- printing your poster on campus.
Funding Opportunity to Cover Cost of Printing (for in-person conferences)
Students who wish to present posters at an in-person conference may apply for funding to cover the cost of poster printing.
Apply online using the Undergraduate Student Experience Funding Request Form. On the form, select Attend conference related to research (including poster printing) as the activity type.
If you have questions about the anthropology conference, please email email@example.com.