Study Anthropology at UTM
Watch: Ten great reasons to study Anthropology at the University of Toronto Mississauga!
What is Anthropology?
Anthropology is the study of humankind from its beginnings to the present day. Many disciplines concern themselves with the human, but only anthropology seeks to understand the whole panorama of human existence - in geographic space and evolutionary time - through comparative and holistic study.
Learn about our Arts and Science undergraduate programs
You can combine our courses in many different ways to complete a program for an Honours Bachelor of Arts (HBA) or Honours Bachelor of Science (HBSc) degree. Our programs pair well with many other disciplines for double majors.
- Learn about Anthropology Arts undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
- Learn about Anthropology Science undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
If you wish to prepare for graduate studies or a specific career path while completing your program, you may choose your courses to focus in a specific subfield. At UTM we offer courses in all four traditional subfields of Anthropology:
We also have strengths in:
Studying Generalist Anthropology as part of your undergraduate Anthropology program at UTM will give you a broad grounding in the various subfields of Anthropology for maximum career flexibility.
Learn about the subfields of Anthropology at UTM:
Program enrolment information
Visit our Undergraduate Programs page for information on enroling in Anthropology Arts and Science programs at UTM.
A few quick facts for prospective students and families
- University of Toronto including UTM is ranked at number 11 in the world for the subject of Anthropology in the 2020 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- University of Toronto including UTM is the highest-ranked Canadian university for graduate employability according to the 2020 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
- The Department of Anthropology is located in the Terrence Donnelly Health Sciences Complex at the at the University of Toronto at Mississauga campus in Mississauga, Ontario. Please note that as of March 17, 2020, the University of Toronto has closed its buildings to the general public. Owing to the current situation with COVID-19, we are unable to hold any in-person information sessions or drop-in labs for prospective students and families at this time. We post news and updates from our department on our website.
If you have additional questions about Anthropology undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto Mississauga, please email the Undergraduate Advisor at email@example.com.