Learn to slow down from the busy pace of University...and life!
Mindfulness is about being present and in the moment. This free, drop-in class fosters an accepting, non-judgmental environment to learn and practice different forms of mindful meditation.
No prior experience with mindfulness or meditation is required -- everyone is welcome.
There is no registration or commitment. Just show up as you are and be guided through a different mindfulness exercise each week.
Lower Stress. Improve Mood. Feel Better.
12:10 - 12:40 pm
RAWC Multi-Purpose Room B
Need a little encouragement? Sign-up for our Weekly Mindful Reminder here.
Documented Benefits of Mindfulness
- Increased emotional regulation
- Increased social skills
- Increased ability to orient attention
- Increased working memory and planning and organization
- Increased self esteem
- Increased sense of calmness, relaxation, and self-acceptance
- Increased quality of sleep
- Decreased test anxiety
- Decreased ADHD behaviors- specifically hyperactivity and impulsivity
- Decreased negative affect/ emotions
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Fewer anger management problems
Source: Association for Mindfulness in Education - http://www.mindfuleducation.org/research/
Powerful Video about Mindfulness in Schools