Learn to slow down from the busy pace of University...and life!
Mindfulness is about being present and in the moment. These free, daily, drop-in classes foster an accepting, non-judgmental environment to learn and practice different forms of mindful meditation.
Please join us every day at 1pm @hccutmwellness on Instagram Live for guided meditations facilitated by UTM counsellors and staff volunteers. The daily practice on Wednesdays will be a 30-minute mindful yoga exercise, facilitated in partnership with the RAWC.
No prior experience with mindfulness or meditation is required -- everyone is welcome.
Lower Stress. Improve Mood. Feel Better.
Need a little encouragement? Sign-up for our Weekly Mindful Reminder here.
Documented Benefits of Mindfulness
- Increased emotional regulation
- Increased social skills
- Increased ability to orient attention
- Increased working memory and planning and organization
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased sense of calmness, relaxation, and self-acceptance
- Increased quality of sleep
- Decreased test anxiety
- Decreased ADHD behaviours- specifically hyperactivity and impulsivity
- Decreased negative affect/ emotions
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Fewer anger management problems
Powerful Video about Mindfulness in Schools