Learn to slow down from the busy pace of University...and life!
Mindfulness is about being present and in the moment. We are currently offering two ways to explore mindfulness through meditation in an accepting, non-judgmental environment:
In partnership with the RAWC, join us every Tuesday from 1:10 pm-1:40 pm for a Yoga and Mindfulness practice in the RAWC Dance Studio.
Join us every Friday from 1:10 pm-1:30pm for a Guided Mindfulness meditation lead by an HCC counsellor in the RAWC Dance Studio.
No prior experience with mindfulness or meditation is required -- everyone is welcome.
Lower Stress. Improve Mood. Feel Better.
Need a little encouragement? Sign-up for our Weekly Mindful Reminder here.
Documented Benefits of Mindfulness
- Increased emotional regulation
- Increased social skills
- Increased ability to orient attention
- Increased working memory and planning and organization
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased sense of calmness, relaxation, and self-acceptance
- Increased quality of sleep
- Decreased test anxiety
- Decreased ADHD behaviours- specifically hyperactivity and impulsivity
- Decreased negative affect/ emotions
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Fewer anger management problems
Powerful Video about Mindfulness in Schools