Get Hired: Summer & Full-Time Job Fair
Cancelled for 2021
Visit our Events & Workshops calendar on CLNx to register for:
Student Services Hiring Event - Jan. 20
Employer Networking Event - Summer Jobs - Jan. 27
Employer Information Sessions - various dates
Speak with representatives from dozens of organizations and learn about a wide range of summer, part-time and full-time opportunities!
This fair is exclusively for current U of T students and recent graduates (within two years of graduation). Valid TCards required for entry.
Are you an employer looking to attend our Get Hired Fair? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Are you Faculty or Staff at U of T? Attend to meet possible partners for your internships or co-op placements.
Attending Organizations (2020)
Before coming to the fair, please take note of the following suggested guidelines to ensure you stand out from the crowd and have a resume you're proud to hand out to employers.
Find out who is participating in the fair
Review the list of participating employers and visit their web sites. Think about what types of opportunities are of most interest you. Visit this page often as new organizations will be added as they register.
Update your resume
Highlight key skills and experiences you have that match their needs. Need help with your resume?
- Attend a Resume & Cover Letter workshop before the fair.
- Follow-up by booking an individual resume critique. Be ready to discuss your skills and experiences with employers. You can also sign up for our Resume Blitz. Sign-up is in person. The next Resume Blitz session will be offered Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020.
Try to include questions that show you have done some research about their organization, as potential employers are impressed with candidates that prepare in advance and can demonstrate knowledge of their organization. Before moving on, ask for a business card and find out how you should follow-up after the fair (and make sure you then do a follow-up).
Dress for success
While there is no 'dress code' for the fair, first impressions are important. Put your best foot forward and make sure your attire is neat and tidy. We recommend 'business casual' for the fair. Look through our Dress for Success page.
- Read the Career Fairs tip sheet.
- Share with your friends via our GHF Facebook event page.
- Watch UTM Talks S3. Ep3. and get an idea of what you can expect on Fair day:
The Get Experience & Get Hired Fairs provide students with an opportunity to speak with representatives from dozens of organizations and learn about a wide range of full-time, summer and volunteer job opportunities. Students attended the Fair, made connections with potential employers, and gathered information about organizations and job opportunities. With the assistance of an Employment Strategist or Career Counsellor, students reflected on the insights gained as well as their long term goals. Students also received coaching on developing a customized job search plan.
What is required to have this validated:
- One hour individual appointment with an Employment Strategist or a Career Counsellor
- Attendance at the Get Experience Fair or the Get Hired Fair
- One hour follow up Reflection appointment with an Employment Strategist or a Career Counsellor