Please note that this page contains general information on the Work-Study Program at U of T, along with links to support students and supervisors. Please log into the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx) for specific dates, links to all required forms, including HR payroll packages and process information.
Learn more about:
- General information about the Work-Study Program at U of T
- Where to find detailed information
- Support for supervisors hiring manager from the UTM Career Centre
- Support for students from the UTM Career Centre
Across the University of Toronto, more than 4,000 students participate in the Work-Study Program every year! The Work-Study Program is offered twice each year (fall/winter, and summer); U of T Faculty and Staff supervise the students, and students apply for paid, meaningful, on-campus positions that strengthen skills, deepen knowledge and allows students to explore how academic studies translate into career possibilities. All Work-Study positions are CCR recognized (see the CCR website to learn more).
There are two Work-Study programs each year: fall/winter and summer. Detailed information can be found at https://clnx.utoronto.ca/myAccount/jobs/work-study/aboutws-facultystaff.htm** (**log into CLNx before accessing the link).
- Work Study one-to-one appointments: book an appointment to ask questions about the Work Study Program.
- Professional Development Workbook
- Drop-in sessions to ask questions about Work Study are offered twice a year (check the UTM Events and Workshop calendar** in CLNx for dates).
- Here are some details on how the UTM Career Centre conducts Work-Study student training: Student Staff training. Feel free to use any ideas that may work in your department.
- Tips on supervising remote students from CEWIL:
- Human Resources/Payroll:
- Our most recent Information Sessions:
Summer 2024 Faculty and Staff Information Session:
- Work Study one-to-one appointments: book a Work Study one-to-one appointment to ask questions about how the Work Study Program can support your career development path
- Resume and Cover Letter Toolkit and Critiques
- Professionalism in the Workplace courses (in Quercus)
- Stand out and Succeed at Work (see UTM Events and Workshop calendar** in CLNx for dates)
**Before accessing any link in CLNx, please log into your CLNx Staff and Faculty account.
If you have more questions about the Work Study Program, please email us at email@example.com