The International Education Centre can help students with issues such as:
- Locating Citizenship and Immigration Canada websites for information related to immigration programs;
- Referrals to Citizenship and Immigration Canada websites for immigration application forms;
- Assistance finding an authorized immigration representative;
- Questions related to your University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) coverage;
- Information and support related to University of Toronto study abroad opportunities;
- Accessing Service Canada resources, such as: Social Insurance Number (SIN), Individual Tax Number (ITN), etc.;
- Cultural transition support;
- English as a Second Language (ESL) conversation skill development;
- And more.
Follow the IEC on twitter: http://twitter.com/UTMIEC
Friend the IEC on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UTMIEC
Important Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) News
International Students can face many challenges when looking for work in Canada. Despite the obstacles, obtaining employment can be a rewarding financial and personal experience. Please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for all the most up-to-date information!
What else can you do now to get ready for your job search?
Start preparing now. Work on your resume and cover letter, using our Toolkit or attend a Resume and Cover Letter Workshop. Continue to look for on-campus jobs and/or volunteer to develop the required skill sets and experience. Check out our monthly e-newsletter to see details on what is offered.
Resume and Cover Letter Tips for International Students
Work Opportunities for Foreign Students via Citizenship and Immigration Canada
International Student’s Guide (Getting a Student Visa)