For over 20 years Community Living Mississauga and the University of Toronto Mississauga have worked together to provide a University experience for people from the community who have an intellectual disability. Community on Campus participants and UTM student volunteers participate in various social activities on campus and benefit from working together.
Program Status Update
The in-person Community on Campus program for Winter 2023 will return early February at our new office location in Maanjiwe nendamowinan, MN2131. In the meantime, there may be virtual opportunities for UTM student volunteers with Community Living Mississauga which may be posted to the UTM Career Centre CLNx website.
What Does Community On Campus Do?
We guide student volunteers in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability while they participate in various activities on campus.
Some of the activities we do while on campus:
- Playing basketball/squash/golf/ping pong
- Zumba classes or workouts in the RAWC
- Literacy and computer skill building
- Audit classes
- Bike rides
- Attend campus events
- Volunteer with various departments to complete needed tasks
- Music group
- Join clubs
Volunteer with Community on Campus!
Volunteers are needed throughout the year. Commitment is as low as 1 hour/week for the duration of the semester.
We work with your schedule!
- Gain skills and experience for your resume and future career
- Improve your leadership skills by being a positive role model
- Increase your communication and listening skills
- Make a difference in your community
- Make a friend
For more information on Community Living Mississauga, go to www.clmiss.ca
For more information, please e-mail Shernette Brown or call (905) 828-5386.