Note: The IC will be closed on 20-21 May 2013
The University of Toronto Mississauga International Centre (IC) – an office within the Department of Student Life, is an international education support service focused on student learning and development. Through its services and programs, the IC promotes an internationally informed, cross-culturally sensitive university community that enhances the student experience through educational, co-curricular programs and activities that advance the cultural fluency of our students.
We’ve recently updated our available services in an effort to meet the needs of the University of Toronto Mississauga community, while ensuring compliance with changing government policy related to immigration and international student support from authorized educational agents.
We can assist you with issues such as:
- Locating Citizenship & Immigration Canada websites for information related to immigration programs;
- Referrals to Citizenship & Immigration Canada websites for immigration application forms;
- Assistance finding an authorized immigration representative;
- Questions related to your University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) coverage;
- Information and support related to University of Toronto study abroad opportunities;
- Accessing Service Canada resources, such as: Social Insurance Number (SIN), Individual Tax Number (ITN), etc.;
- Cultural transition support;
- English as a Second Language (ESL) conversation skill development;
- And more.
Stacey Platt and Joanna Mackie
International Student Development Officers
Room 1103, Davis Building
Phone: (905) 569-4716
Monday to Friday
- 10am–12pm By appointment only;
- 1pm–4pm Drop-in advising (no appointment required)*.
*You may be instructed to book a follow-up appointment with an advisor.