Mission, Vision & Values
As partners in learning, we support student development and success at UTM — both within and beyond the classroom.
Student Affairs & Services (SAS) is the 'umbrella' department for student services, programs, initiatives and experiences at UTM. As partners in learning, Student Affairs & Services supports student development and success — both within and beyond the classroom.
We aspire to create personalized student experiences that establish a sense of belonging,
empower students to critically engage in curricular and co-curricular opportunities, and foster global citizens committed to life-long learning and success.
- We cultivate a culture of collaboration built on trust, respect, and open communication to leverage the multi-disciplinary skills, competencies, and experiences of the community in the interest of our shared vision.
- We commit to advancing personal growth and professional development in an effort to lead and deliver exceptional services, programs, and experiences.
Equity, Diversity & Cultural Fluency
- We believe that excellence flourishes in an environment that embraces the dignity and value of every person; we strive to eliminate systemic barriers and biases by fostering a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity of perspectives.
- We build upon research, assessment, and experience to develop innovative and impactful practices to enhance the student experience.
Truth & Reconciliation
- We embrace the opportunity to engage and learn alongside Indigenous communities and, Wecheehetowin [meaning “working together” in Cree], share in the process of reconciliation.
- We nurture the well-being of people and the planet, and commit to promoting a thriving culture of wellness by embedding aspects of physical, mental and social well-being within our services, programs, and experiences.