Autoclave and Research Resources Facility
The autoclave and resources facility operates under the Office of Vice-Principal, Research and is open to all research laboratories at UTM. The facility houses three autoclaves, each found in rooms DV2031, DV3027 and DV4032. The core facility technician (Xin Zhao) oversees its daily operation.
The autoclaves only process biosafety containment level 1 materials. In addition to three autoclaves, the facility has water purification systems, ice makers, incubation ovens and a lab-ware washer, all which are accessible by UTM researchers.
Hours and Access
- Facility rooms DV3027 and DV4032 are accessible 24/7.
- Facility room DV2031 requires key card access. Contact core facility technician to get access.
- Core facility technician is available Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 5pm
Core Facility Technician
The Office of Vice-Principal, Research, Room HSC334
University of Toronto Mississauga
Free of charge
- Only trained students, staff and faculty are allowed to operate the autoclave machines.
- Core facility technician provides group training twice per year in May and September for new users.
- Training date announcement will be sent to principle investigators.
- For those who have missed the group training due to scheduling conflict, individual training can be arranged.
- Click here to open training request form.
Three autoclave machines and the lab-ware washer need to be booked online through Core Facility Booking System: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/vp-research/research-spaces-core-facilities
Click here for equipment list and brief descriptions.
August 27, 2021