Updated April 27, 2023
Operation Procedure for Lab Coat Service at UTM
1. Lab Coat Service Contractor
Canadian Linen and Uniform Service
Contact information: Customer service: 1-855-326-0940
2. Lab Coat Service Coordinator
Life Sciences Core Facilities manager, Xin Zhao
Office phone: 905 569 4270 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Lab Coat Service Station
Davis Building, Room 3092E, access to the room through DV3092B.
- Contact lab coat service coordinator to get room access.
4. Documents to Be Used in the Service
Schedule calendar: Electronic version, to be used for indicating drop-off /pickup time changes due to special events or holidays.
Department- specified- service logs to be used for making department coat inventory and for the receipt of lab coat drop-off/pickup (Biology, CPS, Geography, Psychology and OVPR). They are posted in department service log binders on service station desk in DV3092E.
- Operation Procedure is posted on service station and can be distributed to individual labs for guidance.
5. New Lab Coat Distribution
Initial lab coat distribution has been done on Aug.27, 2020; Sept. 4, 9 and 16, 2020. Two coats/user.
Service coordinator and department representatives are responsible to distribute the coats to labs and make department inventories using the service logs.
Users can initial their name on coat’s blue plate. Do not make any labels outside the blue plate.
- New service participants can contact service coordinator to require lab coats by providing information of PI name, user number and coat size.
6. Lab Coat Drop-Off for Wash
Lab coat wash frequency is every week. Service company visits campus every Wednesday morning to collect soiled coats and return washed ones.
Soiled coats can be dropped to soiled coat bins in DV3092E at user’s convenience. The room is accessible 24/7. If users like to pick up washed coats next week following a drop-off, the drop off should be done before Wednesday.
Drop-Off can be done by department or lab representatives collectively or by individual users. After dropping off soiled coats, sign user name on Department Service Log posted on service station desk to record drop-off information which includes coat numbers, size and lab names.
- Service Coordinator will not be on site to receive soiled coats.
- After Wednesday, the service log sheet recording washed coat information will be moved to the compartment of Pickup in the department service log binder for later use of pickup.
7. Receiving Washed Lab Coats
- Service coordinator receives washed coats every Wednesday.
- Return date of washed coats will be recorded on department service log.
8. Washed Lab Coat Pickup
In the following week of a drop-off, on Wednesday at 2:30-4:30pm, department or lab representatives or individual users can pick-up washed coats from service coordinator at service station according to the drop-off log from last week.
If users have missed pickup time in the following week of a drop-off, service coordinator will be available for late pickup every Wednesday at 2:30-4:30pm.
- To arrange another pickup time with assistance, email to email@example.com.
- Fresh coats can be picked up from fresh coat rack by individual users without assistance. After picking up the coats, find department service log, at Pickup compartment, find correct coat numbers, which should have return date, sign user's name and pickup date.
8. Wash Cycle Interruption
Should there be service interruption due to special event or holidays, service coordinator will send a re-scheduled service calendar to labs.