Updated April 27, 2023
The Cell/Tissue Culture Facility is operated under the Office of Vice-Principal Research. It has two locations on campus:
- DV3092F is designated for biological containment level 1 work.
- DV1074D meets all the requirements of biological containment Level 2.
The purpose of this facility is to provide researchers a shared resource necessary to carry out cell/ tissue culture-based experiments and to maintain and store experimental cell lines. The facility is overseen by life sciences core facilities manager.
- Staffed hours: Monday to Friday 8:45pm to 5:00pm
- Facility rooms are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via T-card. To get access authorization, send completed Request Form for Access to Life Sciences Core Facilities to core facility manager.
Life Sciences Core Facilities Manager
The Office of Vice-Principal, Research, Room HSC334
University of Toronto Mississauga
Facility Fees and Services
- User annual fee is applied. Open Life Sciences Core Facilities User Fees for details.
- Free training on facility biosafety procedures and equipment introduction. The training is mandatory for new users. Click here to open training request form.
- Free technical supports and consultations for cell culture technique, trouble shooting and equipment operation.
- Customized-Basic cell culture technique training is available upon request by researchers. The training includes sterile skills, cell passage, cell counting and plating, thawing and freezing cells. The training can be performed for individual or a group up to 3 people. This training will take place over 10 days. Total fee for the training is $450 per group (1 person, up to 3 people) plus consumables.
Facility Equipment and Consumables
- Cell and Tissue Culture Facility Equipment and Consumables -Updated June 7, 2022
- Book equipment through UTM Core Facilities Booking System Bookiltlab
How to Apply