Overview: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research Fellowship Program provides support for highly-qualified candidates at the postdoctoral level to perform health research either in Canada or abroad.
Value: $40,000 yearly stipend and $5,000 yearly research allowance for trainees who hold a PhD. For awards physically held outside Canada, $5,000 is added to the annual stipend.
Values differ for health professionals. See links below.
Duration: Maximum 5 years.
- MRA deadline (internal to UofT): September 29, 2023
- CIHR/ResearchNet application deadline: October 5, 2023
- Completion and online submission of sponsor assessments: 48 HOURS prior to the CIHR/ResearchNet application deadline of October 5, 2023.
- Anticipated Notice of Decision: April 30, 2024
- Funding Start Date: April 01, 2024